South Downs Way 100

Friday 27 January 2012

Blob

So what sits on its chair all day, and weighs about a stone heavier than it should......me of course.

Pre mid October, ride to work & back was a nice round 10 miles.

Post house move, doubles the distance. Apart from getting me more fit & more fresh air, it had the opposite effect of now I drive, save for when the car was in the garage being fixed again. Using the excuse of dropping daughter off at School, rotten cycling roads, dark, weather and all else I can find not to ride.

I have been promising, that once the mornings are a bit lighter, eldest can use the bus occasionally, enabling me to get moving, assuming that its a mere couple 'o' weeks away.

That all changed yesterday, when an email from PNik arrived, reminding me of this years' plan. Now I am not going to spill the beans yet, as for various reasons, its not my shout. BUT, its made me realise, that I have not got very long to sort myself out. So, this weekend, I am reserving some time to hosing down the Killer Bee of whatever mud is still coating it & get on the thing & get some miles done. Tempting to get the slicks on for a bit & discover the local area.

Whadyathink?

J


Edit: 19 road miles round the lanes. Did me in, hopeless 1 hour 45 minutes. Hmph

3 comments:

  1. GO for it, and dont worry, i'm not exactly at fighting weight yet either. You could practice on the route we did last year, 55k? you could extend it a bit and go from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did 32miles 2hr 20min, seemed OK, obviously bit quicker on the road bike, tried to avoid the hills too. I enjoyed my dinner, but not walking downstairs!

    ReplyDelete