South Downs Way 100

Thursday 23 April 2009

2 Days until the SDW for me...

So the idea for this week was gentle excercise, eat well, early nights to prepare for the weekend.

OK, it's 10 to 11 and I'm blogging the fact I haven't gone to bed, I've done no exercise except Pilates this week, and the chips and curry sauce last night were lovely. I need to be in Winchester for 8am on Saturday. So tomorrow night I have to put a new cassette and chain on the bike, find my sleeping bag and rollmat, pack my gear for 2 days riding and one night camping. Charge the batteries, go to be and get up at 6 on Saturday and drive to Tesco's on the edge of Winchester.

To be honest apart from the forecast for rain after it's been beautiful all week, I'm starting to fret about it. I want to be confident that I've done it before and I've been doing loads of riding over the last few months, probably more training than I've ever done for anything since I left school. 

Still it'll be all over on Sunday night, when I get dumped back in that Tesco's car park to drive back to Brighton. Sunday will be hard, riding within 3 miles of home and carrying on to eastbourme, not looking forward to that bit at all.

Anyway night all.

2 comments:

  1. actually more like 2 nights and 1 day

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will be good Nik, Bizarrely, would like to be joining you, Still, got to be drier than last time eh? remember to turn LEFT at the bottom of that track, just out of Winchester.
    J

    ReplyDelete