South Downs Way 100

Monday 9 March 2009

Another weekend flew by, it was that windy.

So another week down, 10 to go, training enthusiasm seems to have dipped for me at least. Managed 25miles and about 3000ft of climbing yesterday, it felt like more though the wind was blowing me sideways up on the south downs, and hacking up to Kingston ridge into the wind was the least fun I've had in ages. 

I've almost decided to do the South Downs Way in April with Votwo looks like it's well organised and will be a good test a month before the big event. Although if it goes badly I'm not sure if I could handle the failure. 

I'm pleased to have the accomodation booked, and my membership to the YHA came through today too. Starting to think about the kit list, whether or not to go tubeless and so on. I'm also planning to use the rigid bike for going to work on, although not all 30miles to start with. I've just put the skinniest tyres on it, and now it doesn't fit on the turbo trainer! not sure what to do about that. 

right I'd better load the dishwasher before I get into trouble. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment